Behavior in the Library - Code of Conduct
Peotone Public Library District
Code of Conduct
While in the Library, we ask that you:
- Be respectful of other patrons, Library staff and property.
- Speak in moderate tones at all times.
- Walk, don’t run.
- Gently use books, materials and technology.
- Use cell phones discreetly.
- Wear shoes and a shirt at all times.
- Use the PPLD Internet in a responsible and ethical manner.
- Only service animals or animals approved for Library programs are allowed in the building.
Activities that result in immediate suspension include, but not limited to:
- Carrying of weapons of any type, except for authorized law enforcement officials, on Library property.
- Soliciting, selling or using drugs or alcohol.
- Destruction of Library property or theft of materials.
- Engaging in disorderly conduct of any kind, fighting or challenging to fight or using obscene/offensive words.
- Viewing inappropriate content on computers.